GIS Data Layers:
The links below can be used to download zipfiles containing the GIS shapefiles for Pennsylvania statewide unpaved roads and pollution worksites. All data is based on County Conservation District submissions as of 1/15/2012.
The files below are statewide datasets for general use. Conservation Districts looking for DGRoads GIS data for their county should go to the Program's GIS page.
- Pollution Worksites (11.2 MB): Statewide coverage of 16,600+ identified pollution sites on public unpaved roads (includes all identified sites regardless of funding status)./li>
- Funded Pollution Worksites (483 KB): Statewide coverage of 2,200+ pollution sites where the program has already funded a road improvement project (1998-2011).
- 2011 Funded Pollution Worksites (42.4 KB): Statewide coverage of 185 pollution sites where the program has funded a road improvement project in 2011.
- Unpaved Roads (4.43 MB): Statewide coverage of 16,500+ miles of publicly owned unpaved roads. Note that State Forest roads, National Forest roads, and privately owned roads are not included. The majority of included roads are township owned.
- Data Dictionary (24 KB): Document which defines the individual fields for each of the provided shapefiles.
Data Coordinate Parameters:
- Projected Coordinate System: Albers
- Projection: Albers
- False Easting: 0.00000000
- False Northing: 0.00000000
- Central Meridian: -78.00000000
- Standard Parallel 1: 40.00000000
- Standard Parallel 2: 42.00000000
- Latitude of Origin: 39.00000000
- Linear Unit: Meter
- Geographic Coordinate System: GCS_North_American_1983
- Datum: D_North_American_1983
- Prime Meridian: Greenwich
- Angular Unit: Degree