New for 2018. This three day training event is designed for relatively new “DGLVR Technicians” at the Conservation District level. It is designed to “jump start” incoming technicians with field experience related to construction, surveying, site evaluation for the DGLVR Program.
Who Should Attend
Conservation District technicians in charge of the implementing the “field portion” of the DGLVR Program in their county. Priority will be given to relatively new technicians (0-2 years), although anyone is welcome to attend if there is space. Registration will be limited in order to promote interaction between attendees and with instructors.
The first two “Boot Camps” are tentatively scheduled for this summer in State College
- July 10 - 12
- July 24 - 26
Registration will likely be available in May
Agenda is still in development, but will likely include the following:
- Approximately 2.5 days in length
- Approximately 75% of time spent in the field
- Basics of construction relating to DGLVR projects
- Basics of surveying relating to DGLVR projects
- Laser level use in the field
- Comprehensive start to finish shallow crosspipe installation in the field
- Comprehensive site diagnostic in the field
- Miscellaneous topics such as stationing, municipal issues, DSA, and more
Look for a more detailed agenda and registration information coming soon.
These classes are free to Conservation Districts staff, although registration is required to make sure we have adequate space and lunches. If you have any questions please call Kathy Moir at 814-865-5355 for registration assistance.
Registration Link Coming Soon