New for 2018. This three day training event is held largely in the field to provide basic knowledge in Environmentally Sensitive Road Maintenance. Activities include project plan development, stream crossing discussions, basics of surveying and construction, and a complete installation of a shallow crosspipe. This training is intended to “jump start” technicians who are new to the Program and to development and oversight of field projects.
Who Should Attend
Designed for Conservation Districts staff administering the field portion of the DGLVR Program. Preference given to relatively new hires (<2 years), but others are welcome if there is enough space. Strict limit of 20 per session to insure adequate discussion. CD employees only at this time due to size limitations.
When and Where
Ramada Inn, State College, PA
1400 South Atherton Street
State College, PA 16801
**Attendees are responsible for their own accommodations**
- July 23-26 ($79 room rate, Group Code: CG23DG)
- Day 1
- 10am-noon: Class: Construction 101, Bidding, Contracting, Stationing
- 1pm-5pm: Field: Focus on diagnostic and project planning
- Day 2
- 8am-10am: Class: Crosspipe installation, Survey basics
- 10am-5pm: Field: Focus on surveying and shallow pipe installation
- Day 3
- 8am-2pm: Field: Focus on DSA placement, Stream Xings, and loose ends from day 1-2
Safety Equipment Required: Hard Hat, steel toed boots, work gloves, safety vests (we will have some), eye protection and work attire for all types of weather.
Travel will be provided to and from the sites in 15 passenger vans. Please let us know if you require assistance on-site.
These classes are free to Conservation Districts staff, although registration is required to make sure we have adequate space and lunches. If you have any questions please call Kathy Moir at 814-865-5355 for registration assistance.