In-person ESM trainings in 2021 will be condensed to ~8 hours and held in one full-day session. In-person ESM are open to both new certifications and those seeking a recertification. Some considerations for in-person ESM Trainings to address social distancing issues:
- Masks or face coverings are required for unvaccinated attendance. If this presents an issue for you, consider attending a remote online training instead.
- Doors will open at 7:30, class will run from 8am to 5pm
- Snacks, drinks, and lunch will be provided.
- Masks, gloves, and sanitizer will be available. Other sanitization precautions will be implemented.
- Please do not attend if you have any flu-like symptoms, or you have been exposed to someone who has flu-like symptoms or that has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please note that additional restrictions or even cancelations may be required in the future base on guidance from the State or Penn State University.
- Contact the Center with questions: 814-865-5355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In-Person ESM Training Dates and Locations
Note that due to size limitations, these are two one-day trainings being held back to back for different audiences. Attendees should only attend one session.
- Sept 8: Centre County: Penn Stater Hotel & Conference Center, 215 Innovation Blvd, State College, PA 16803
- Sept 21: Berks County: Holiday Inn Morgantown, 6170 Morgantown Road, Morgantown, PA 19543
- Sept 28: Beaver County: Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Area/Beaver Valley, 2000 Wagner Road Ext. South, Monaca, PA 15061
- Oct 12: York County: Wyndham Garden York, 2000 Loucks Road, York, PA 17408
- Oct 19: Luzerne County: Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, 600 Wildflower Drive, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
Future ESMs: This winter, we will reassess the situation and have some planning discussions regarding both the format and length of future ESM trainings.
In-Person ESM Training Registration
ESM Training is available at no cost to representatives of any public agency involved in the Pennsylvania's Dirt Gravel, and Low Volume Road Program. All other interested parties are invited to attend for a fee. Cutoff date for registration will be Monday of the week of the training. Hotel block is held until 30 days prior to the training date. Register via the button below.
If you have any questions, please call Kathy Moir at 814-865-5355 for registration information and fees.
No fax, snail mail or call-in registrations will be accepted! A limited number of openings are available; please register as soon as possible. The center reserves the right to cancel should attendance fall below 30.