In-person ESM trainings in 2020 will be condensed to ~8 hours and held in one full-day session. This is being done because attendance capacities will be limited due to social distancing requirements, so shortening the training will allow a greater number of trainings to be held. In-person ESM are open to both new certifications and those seeking a recertification. Some considerations for in-person ESM Trainings to address social distancing issues:
- Masks or face coverings are required for attendance. If this presents an issue for you, consider attending a remote online training instead.
- Doors will open at 7:30, class will run from 8am to 5pm
- Breakfast and Coffee will NOT be provided.
- Soda, water, prepackaged snacks, and a box lunch will be provided.
- Reduced room capacities will be strictly enforced based on room size and CDC guidance. Walk-ins will NOT be permitted if the room is at capacity.
- Extra masks, gloves, and sanitizer will be available. Other sanitization precautions will be implemented.
- Please do not attend if you have any flu-like symptoms, or you have been exposed to someone who has flu-like symptoms or that has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Contact the Center with questions: 814-865-5355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In-Person ESM Training Dates and Locations
Please note that we just recently received approval to begin holding in-person EMS trainings. We will be scheduling additional trainings this fall to make up for canceled trainings earlier in 2020.
- Snyder County – August 18, 2020
- Location: Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn, 7701 Westbranch Hwy, Lewisburg, PA 17837 Directions
- Suggested Hotel: Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn; Phone: 570-524-5500
- Clarion/Forest Counties – October 20, 2020
- Location: Trinity Point Church of God, 180 West Trinity Drive, Clarion, PA 16214 Directions
- Room Block: Holiday Inn Express, Dirt & Gravel Training, @$89/plus tax/per night, valid until Sept. 20, 2020, Phone: 814-223-4010
- Luzerne County – November 4, 2020
- Location: Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre – East Mountain, 600 Wildflower Dr, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 Directions
- Room Block: Dirt & Gravel Training, @ $96/+ tax per night, valid until October 15. Phone: 570-970-1162
- Centre County – November 17, 2020
- Location: Penn Stater Hotel & Conference Center, 215 Innovation Blvd, State College, PA 16803 Directions
- Room Block: ESMT20A, @ $114/night, valid until TBD Phone: 814-863-5000
In-Person ESM Training Registration
ESM Training is available at no cost to representatives of any public agency involved in the Pennsylvania's Dirt Gravel, and Low Volume Road Program. All other interested parties are invited to attend for a fee. Cutoff date for registration will be Monday of the week of the training. Hotel block is held until 30 days prior to the training date. Register via the button below.
If you have any questions, please call Kathy Moir at 814-865-5355 for registration information and fees.
No fax, snail mail or call-in registrations will be accepted! A limited number of openings are available; please register as soon as possible. The center reserves the right to cancel should attendance fall below 30.