Welcome to the new DGLVR Remote Learning Center. The propose of this page is to provide a one-stop shop for recorded trainings and webinars in support of PA’s Dirt and Gravel Road Maintenance Program. The majority of the content below is directed at Conservation District staff, although it is available to anyone. In addition to the recordings for each session below, where possible we have including the PowerPoint presentations so that Conservation Districts can utilize them in their own educational efforts. Note that for now, viewing and usage logs are not kept for these trainings.
- Admin Training (2/2021): Full ~5 hour DGLVR Program administrative training, required for CD techs administering the Program.
- COSTARS and Purchasing: COSTARS is a cooperative purchasing service for state affiliated entities. Felicia Campbell & Kim Bullivant from COSTARS, presented information on how COSTARS may apply to municipalities and CDs. (6/2020)
- Municipal Bidding: This webinar reviewed various aspects of the municipal bidding process as it relates to municipal projects funded through the DGLVR Program. (4/2020)
- Prevailing Wage update and Q&A Review: Prevailing wage updates and supporting documents as well as provide an overview of Q&A. (2/2019)
- CD Education and Outreach Ideas: Education and outreach ideas and efforts for Conservation Districts to improve interactions with municipalities and other potential applicants. (1/2017)
- Maintaining Better Project Hard Files: Advice for CDs on ways to keep accurate and complete project hard files. (7/2016)
- QAB Issues: An overview of Quality Assurance Boards at the county level, including: purpose and structure; meeting procedures; role in projects; and role in policy. (11/2014)
- Unpaved Road Assessments (2019): Multi-part training with virtural examples of the assessment process in identifying pollution potential worksites on public unpaved roads.
- Annual Summary Report Overview: Overview of the annual reporting process de from Conservation Districts each January in the GIS system. (1/2021)
- Analyzing GIS data for CDs: Overview of GIS Reporting tools and tips and hints with analyzing GIS data for CDs. (3/2019)
- Detailed GIS Data Analysis Demo in Excel: Expanded version on GIS data analysis focusing on sorts, summarizations, formulas, and graphs, and other functions in excel. (3/2019)
- Streambank Stabilization (2/2021): 2.5 hour course providing a detailed and expanded look at options for streambank stabilization techniques that may be applicable to DGLVR projects.
- Project Detail Sheets: Overview of “Standard Detail Sheets” for commonly used ESM practices such as underdrain, French mattress, road fill, etc. that are available for CD use. It also demonstrated the DGLVR Materials Calculator. (4/2020)
- Taking Better Project Photos: Tips and tricks to take more effective photos of DGLVR (and other) field projects to make more effective education and presentation material. (4/2018)
- Stream Crossing Boot Camp (7/2020): ~6 hour remote training that covers the basics of stream crossing replacements. This is the classroom portion of a multi-day “boot camp” that involved a full day in the field.
- Shavers Creek 11’ Bottomless Arch Pipe Walkthrough: Virtual walkthrough of the project including planning and design, and photo and time-lapse overview of installation. (3/2021)
- Stream Crossings: The Good, The Bad, and The “In-Between”: Review of a wide variety of stream crossings, common issues, and lessons learned, from QAQCs from 2018 through 2020. (2/2021)
- Structure Selection Technical Bulletin: Introduction and walkthrough of a new “structure selection” technical bulletin. (5/2020)
- New Stream Crossing Bulletins: Bankfull Guidance: Introduction and walkthrough of a new “bankfull guidance” technical bulletin. (4/2020)
- DEP GP11 Clarification Memo: DEP provided a clarification memo pertaining to GP11s for the DGLVR Program. DEP Central office participated in this webinar as well. (4/2020)
- DSA Day (2/2021): 2 hour expanded presentation on everything DSA.
- Aggregates 101: An overview of aggregate specifications and common uses in the DGLVR Program. This webinar discussed both smaller aggregates, large rip-rap, and everything in-between. A great primer for new CD staff. (1/21/2021)