The Center periodically presents topic-specific webinars directed at Conservation District personnel. Webinars begin promptly at the scheduled time and typically include 20-30 minutes of presentation followed by Q&A. Webinars are free, and anyone can join without creating an account. Past webinar recordings and presentations are provided below for District educational use.
New Webinar Platform
Penn State has switched from Adobe Connect to Zoom for webinars and remote meetings.
- Joining the Webinar: Each webinar now has its own specific link, supplied below. Simply click on the link to join. You are NOT required to pre-register or create an account, although you will be asked for your name and e-mail when you log in.
- Webinar Audio: The integrated webinar system audio will be used so attendees can listen through their computer. In addition, we will also have our conference phone line open for audio in case you have computer issues, or are joining from an office environment where listening over the phone is preferred. Conference line: 866-823-7699
All webinars begin at 9 am unless noted below.
- March 28: Detailed GIS Data Analysis Demo in Excel
- Details: This webinar will spend some time doing more detailed summarization and analysis of one county’s GIS data in excel. We will go into more detail on sorts, summarizations, formulas, and graphs, and other functions in excel. Some past Excel experience and comfort is recommended. It may take a little longer and go a little more in depth than past webinars.
- Link: https://psu.zoom.us/j/971583351
- March 28: CD Spending Deadline Update
- Details: Stemming from feedback from the 3/7 “Analyzing GIS Data” webinar, this session will include a more in-depth analysis of excel data produced from the GIS system. Some comfort with using excel is recommended.
- Link: https://psu.zoom.us/j/148946713
- April 4: Project Sharing Session Recap
Located here are all of the past webinars. You can download the respective presentations, where applicable.
- March 7: Analyzing GIS data for CDs
- March 6: 2018 Annual Summary Data Review
- February 12: “Old” Money Spending Overview
- February 5: Prevailing Wage Update and Q&A Review
- January 9: Annual Summary Report Training