The Center periodically presents topic-specific webinars directed at Conservation District personnel. Webinars begin promptly at the scheduled time and typically include 20-30 minutes of presentation followed by Q&A. Webinars are free, and anyone can join without creating an account. Past webinar recordings and presentations are provided below for District educational use.
Penn State uses Zoom for webinars and remote meetings.
- Joining the Webinar: Each webinar now has a common link, unless otherwise supplied with the webinar. Simply click on the link to join. You are NOT required to pre-register or create an account, although you will be asked for your name and e-mail when you log in.
- Webinar Audio: The integrated webinar system audio will be used so attendees can listen through their computer. In addition, we will also provide a common Zoom phone line, unless otherwise supplied with the webinar, open for audio in case you have computer issues, or are joining from an office environment where listening over the phone is preferred.
Default Zoom Information
- Webinar Link: https://psu.zoom.us/j/99894537275
- Webinar Phone (only if using phone instead of computer speakers): 312-626-6799
All webinars begin at 9 am unless noted below.
- January 21: Aggregates 101
- Details: An overview of aggregate specifications and common uses in the DGLVR Program. This webinar will discuss both smaller aggregates, large rip-rap, and everything in-between. A great primer for new CD staff. Be sure to download the brand new “Aggregates 101” technical bulletin.
- February 11: Stream Crossings, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Details: Photos of completed projects will be used to highlight both the good and bad aspects of a variety of recently completed projects involving stream crossings.
- February 18: Annual Summary Report Overview
- Details: Step back and take a “big picture” view of the DGLVR program and trends in spending and projects through an unprecedented year. Will present a statewide summary based on annual summary reports from CDs.
Located here are all of the past webinars. You can download the respective presentations, where applicable.
- January 14: QAQC Update
- January 7: Annual Summary Report Overview