The Center periodically presents topic-specific webinars directed at Conservation District personnel. Webinars begin promptly at the scheduled time and typically include 20-30 minutes of presentation followed by Q&A. Webinars are free, and anyone can join without creating an account. Past webinar recordings and presentations are provided below for District educational use.
Penn State uses Zoom for webinars and remote meetings.
- Joining the Webinar: Each webinar now has its own specific link, supplied below. Simply click on the link to join. You are NOT required to pre-register or create an account, although you will be asked for your name and e-mail when you log in.
- Webinar Audio: The integrated webinar system audio will be used so attendees can listen through their computer. In addition, we will also have our conference phone line open for audio in case you have computer issues, or are joining from an office environment where listening over the phone is preferred.
Conference line: 866-823-7699(see below for audio options)
All webinars begin at 9 am unless noted below. For audio (if using phone instead of computer speakers), call the number provided with the webinar details.
- June 4: Quarterly Reporting and Replenishment Updates
- Details: This webinar will highlight changes made to ACH (direct deposit) replenishments for Conservation Districts and the data now required. It will also review a new feature which will allow districts to upload an invoice receipt for expenses declared on a replenishment request.
- Link: https://psu.zoom.us/j/997366874
- Phone: 312-626-6799
- June 9: COSTARS and Purchasing
- Details: As part of the 4/14/20 “Municipal Bidding” webinar (available at link below), there was some discussion and a request for more information about the COSTARS program, a cooperative purchasing program designed to make purchasing both easier and price competitive for public entities. Felicia Campbell & Kim Bullivant, two representatives from COSTARS, will be presenting information and will be available for questions. Maria Dreese will lead this discussion.
- Link: Coming Soon
- Phone: Coming Soon
Located here are all of the past webinars. You can download the respective presentations, where applicable.
- May 7: Structure Selection Technical Bulletin
- May 5: Unpaved Road Assessment Perspective
- April 28: Coronavirus Update and the Restart of Construction
- April 21: Coronavirus DGLVR Impacts Update
- April 16: Project Detail Sheets
- April 14: Municipal Bidding
- April 9: New Stream Crossing Bulletins: Bankfull Guidance
- April 7: GIS Update
- April 2: DEP GP11 Clarification Memo
- March 26: DGLVR Coronavirus Impacts
- March 24: Review of Draft Policy Changes
- January 8: Annual Summary Report Training