This page is for PA Conservation District employees who have a username and password. You can receive login credentials only if you are a current PA Conservation District employee who has taken the required Mapper training.
In order to use the full version of Mapper with site editing capabilities, you are required to login as an authenticated user. The User page enables you to view and edit your login information. To login:
- Click the Login () button at the top of any page within the Center's website. Note that in order to log in you are required to use Google Chrome. The log in will not be allowed while using any other internet browser.
- Enter your Username and Password in the appropriate fields.
- Click the Log in button to login. Once successfully logged in, the user page will appear like the above banner. If you forgot your password, you can request a new password. See the instructions below for help.
- Click the Launch GIS Mapper () button to begin using the full version of Mapper.
- To log out of the system, click the Logout button.
See below for additional information regarding viewing and editing your user information.
Clicking the View tab displays your basic login information:
- Site Role
- Conservation District
- Any other users in your district
You cannot edit any information within this tab. To edit, you will need to use the Edit tab.
Clicking the Edit tab changes the screen to an editable form. This form enables you to edit the following information:
- Email Address
- First and Last Name
To edit any of this information, simply change the entry and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
Requesting a New Password
Although not present in the User page since you can use the Edit tab to change your password, you have the ability to request a new password if you do not remember it. To do this:
- Click the User () button at the top of any page within the Center's website.
- Within this page, click the Request New Password tab.
- Enter your Username or email address then click the E-mail new password button.
- An email will then be sent to the appropriate address. Follow the directions provided in the email to reset your password.
The reason you need to use Chrome is that not all browsers render html the same. Initially, we attempted to allow all browsers but were met with severe rendering and database inconsistencies that prevented us from providing a consistent user experience. Since it is critical that all functionality be consistent, especially with regards to database management and troubleshooting issues, it was decided to limit the usage to the Chrome browser, which is the native browser that the GIS Mapper was developed in. Please note that there is NO plan to expand usage to other browsers. The GIS Mapper is a complex gis-based database that must function properly for each user, especially since we are tracking $28 million/year for 65 counties. Therefore, in order for you to enter your projects and avoid reporting penalties, you must have Chrome installed on the computer used for DGLVR purposes.